Thursday 16 November 2017

Crafty Emotions


Crafty Emotions


Hallo Everyone!

Good to see you!  Do you
know anyone with a pre-
Christmas birthday?....

You do?....

Well here's a gorgeous
card from Craftyfield




 "Succulent, or cactus (Cactii) as I know them,
 are in trend in the crafting world and as soon 
as I saw the Craft Emotion set I knew I wouldn't
 be able to resist!

 It has several elements, enough to build up
 a complete rockery...


I first stamped all the images on the sheet
 and fussy cut them to help me decide on
 a composition.

 I settled on using only 3 elements to keep
 things relatively CAS. I used my fussy cut
 images as masks to stamp on watercolour
 paper with Brilliance ink in black.


 I coloured the image with Inktense pencils.
 Keep it light, you can always add colour later...


I then used a wet brush to "melt" the colour
 on the paper. After this first wash was dry,
 I re-applied pencils where I needed more
 contrast or more intense colour.


For the background, I wanted lots of shine,
 so I used Starlight paints, applied with
 a brayer all over a piece of cardstock. 

You can see the shine, in fact that
 is pretty much all you can see, 
despite the weather being decidely cloudy

I put together my card by matting the

 focal image onto Art-C glitter card in
 black, adding a sentiment stamped in 
black ink on a piece of white glitter card.
 
I really like that card it's non shedding glitter,

 sturdy but still die-cuts easily, and it shines...

So nice I added another piece of white 

glitter and used Enamel Accents to create
 faux brads.


Without proper sunlight it is difficult to show how nice
 the glitter looks, but I thought you might want 
to see how well it stamped, as I was concerned
 this would be a problem, especially as the
 script on this stamp is quite small. 

I should say that I did enlist my trusty stamping 
platform to stamp the sentiment and I did 3 inkings
 to get the intensity of black I wanted.

You may wonder why cactus for a birthday card
 and I'm mulling over several funny sentiments
 I can add to the inside. 
"No need to be prickly, you're not that old" 
or similar. 

I would be grateful for your suggestions

 so don't hold back and add your
 comments below...please... pretty please?

Supplies: 


Thank you for a great card
Craftyfield and also for making
us all smile.....

Well, I laughed out loud
I know a few people who 
are feeling a little prickly
over their birthdays right now...


'Till tomorrow 

Mickie xx







5 comments:

  1. It's my birthday today but unfortunately I can't think of any witty comment. I did once try catching a cactus that fell of the windowsill - my daughter spent hours with tweezers pulling all the spines out of my fingers. Moral of the story - they look much better on this card. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I can't think of a funny sentiment, sorry - I am rubbish! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, have been thinking hard about a sentiment --- the trouble is they all end up a little unkind rather than funny 😟 . Needle, prickly, point, sharp are all words that spring to mind. Good luck X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... humor is such a delicate balance! xx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.