Thursday 22 December 2016

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas


Hallo everyone

Hope you are all on top of your
festive preparations and can take
a moment to put your feet up 
with a nice cuppa and........relax

We have another card 
for you today from Jane Castle

For my project on the theme ‘Merry Christmas’ 
I decided to go half traditional and half contemporary



(This card design was one that I felt would be easy to make 
several of so there are multiple   stampings in each photo).

I started with a 15cm square card blank which was coloured 
with a blending tool and Distress Inks in 
Stormy Skies, Faded Jeans, Wild Honey and Vintage Photo.

Next I stamped the 3 Kings from Crafty Individuals 270 
in Black Archival and heat embossed using clear EP. 

Then bearing gifts ........ was stamped and heat embossed also


The camels and Kings heads were coloured in using water colour pencils.

The 3 Kings were then stamped onto scrap pieces of coloured card 
and heat embossed.

Then just the cloaks were cut out, slightly curled with a bone folder 
and glued onto the card.

Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh was stamped onto kraft card, 
heat embossed, cut into strips and the edges defined 
with some Treasure Gold in Renaissance.


The stars were then stamped in VersaMark ink onto kraft card 
and heat embossed with white EP.

These were then cut out and also given some touches
of Treasure Gold.



The elegant swirls were cut from some christmassy card stock
using Crafty Individuals Die.

The star was threaded through the swirl before attaching to the card.
The final touch was to add some darker patches of ink 
to the sand to give the impression of depth. 
For this I used my little finger!

As I didn’t use any foam pads to attach the stars etc 
I was pleased that these cards were still thin enough 
not to need a ‘Large Letter’ stamp when posting 
------ My Oh My that can be Sooo annoying!



Materials Used


Finally, I just want to wish you all
Merry Christmas


 Thank you Jane and we all wish you
Merry Christmas


'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx















5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! A great design for an elegant Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous design and card. I love it! Great stamp too, I've not seen that CI one before. Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful combination of traditional and contemporary xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your lovely comments, I was pleased with how the card turned out as I had a vision of what I wanted to achieve in my head --- but as we all know that doesn't always materialise! Merry Christmas X

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.