Friday 12 February 2016

Loved Up - Neil Walker



Morning all,

Hope you are all well and looking forward
to the weekend!  Hope you've got 
something nice planned...

Well I'm sure you all know that 
this weekend is Valentine's Day, here
in the UK, so it was an easy choice 
for what the DT was given....
'Loved Up'

Today we start with Neil....


Of course, for this theme it had to be a heart!
 I love these wooden hearts. Unthinkingly
 though I forgot to take photos of the first bit!
I began by stamping onto the heart with
 my chosen Seth Apter stamp with Embossing
 ink and sprinkled some Embossing Enamel
 over it . This was heated until embossed.
 Then I inked the heart with Mermaid Lagoon
 and Barn Door Distress inks.


I wiped the ink back to lighten the embossed 
areas and added some Treasure Gold
 to highlight areas.To protect the surface I sealed everything
 with a clear varnish.


I raided one of my many embellishment drawers.... 


I settled on this lovely circle piece.


 Onto this I added some Tim Holtz metal flowers.


To finish I raided my broken jewellery stash
 and nailed this tassel to the bottom. I also
 changed the original string for some pale organza 
ribbon which was more suited to the finished piece.



 How beautiful is that?
And it's not red...yay!
Thank you Neil.

Materials Neil used -


Don't forget to let us know what you think, 
we always like to hear your comments.

See you tomorrow,

Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Love blue, so Yeah from me too. Beautiful make Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super heart. Superb design and creative. X love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that is so yummy. The new distress colours are so intense. My sister would love this, if you would like to rehome it. As a second choice I could make my own and send it on to her. She would probably like that even more! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.