Thursday 24 January 2013

Fancy a cuppa week - IsasArt and Karen

Hi, 
After a full fabric post yesterday with Jo, we are back with more Calico work with Isa'sArt who made a stunning card and Karen who made a lovely bag to take a few tea bags with her when she goes away for the weekend.
Tell us what you think ;-)


I have been making a lot of tags lately, so I thought of making a card for a change

So I used dies and fabric
1- I draw around the die on the fabric twice
2- I cut them out and pin them together
3- I machine stitched the two pieces .
4- A bit of embroidery with the machine too.
5- A tad of Pebbles cream to add a vintage touch, and then a bit of Distressing.. Copic colouring...stamping..
My cup is done, just need to add a bit of volume to it
6- I made a little cut at the top and stuffed the cup.
7- I do this for the 3 different sections of the cup
As it's just for a card, I just added a bit of tape at the back




I then cut a piece of brown card with the die, stamped it.
If your cup is quite thick, it's a good idea to use corrugated card instead of cardstock as it will be thicker.







Material
Shapeabilities - Nested tea cups
Artemio clear stamps: Scrolls
American Crafts - Pebbles chalk set: Cream precious metal 
Distress inks: Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy
Craftwork Cards Card Candi - Vintage dot Honey
Gems

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


We often go away for weekends and I usually don't like the tea that the hotel provides in the rooms so I take my own supply! So I have made a little bag to put them in.

For the bag cut a rectangle of fabric around 14 x 5 inches (I used calico) and decorate. I stamped mine with a background stamp and some words from a PaperArtsy Hotpicks using Brilliance Ink (pearlescent orchid) and Memento Ink (Grape Jelly). 




Fold the fabric in half and stitch up each side to around 3 inches from the top. Turn. Now fold down the top edge to meet the stitching. Stitch a line across 1/2 inch down. Tuck a small hem under along the raw edge and stitch to form a channel. Repeat for other side. These channels are where your cord will go. I also added a little decorative stitching round the top.

Take the 2 smallest Tando cups from the pack and decorate with paint, not forgetting the other sides!

Material
PaperArtsy Hotpick HPXT03
Impression Obsession Craquelure background stamp

See you tomorrow


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Fantastic work

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously fabulous creations! I'm starting to think differently about my dies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been so keen on the theme this week but both these projects add something extra for me - great work. I LOVE Isa's use of the fabric, the stitching and then the cut silhouette - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Isa's fabric teacup. I am not so hot with the sewing machine but this has left me itching to have a go. Great idea with the tea bag bag and those Tando minis are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabric work and vintage feel of Isa's card and Karen's painted Tando cups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your tea cup is a beauty! Loved seeing your process too!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.